1. The Railroad Trilogy / Lightfoot, arr. Redhead
2. The Shepherd's Song / Traditional, arr. Richards / F. Harvey, cornet
3. Morning, Noon and Night in Vienna / Von Suppé, arr. Ord Hume / Marshall Martin, Organist
4. Motherless Child / Traditional, arr. Fernie / K. Barlow, alto sax
5. Festmusik der Stadt Wien / arr. King
6. The Star / Catelinet / P. Rayment, euphonium
7. Amazonia - from Windows of the World / Graham
8. The Dark Side of the Moon / Lovatt-Cooper
9. I'm Beginning to See the Light / Ellington et al., arr. van der Woude
10. Mariposa Sketches / Ballantine /
- Dockside, Summer Haze, At the Bandshell, Lovers Stroll down Main Street, At the Fair
Mariposa Sketches is here!
Our CD "Mariposa Sketches" is named for our commissioned work by Len Ballantine. This wonderful new work is a series of short vignettes that represent Orillia and its 150 year history. Our recording of Mariposa Sketches along with our first commissioned work which is a special arrangement of Gordon Lightfoot's Canadian Railroad Trilogy by Robert Redhead, some classics, and a little jazz is available now! You can pick one up at any of our concerts.
If you are as excited as we are and just can't wait until the concert, with the help of some of our fabulous Orillia friends, you can also find them on sale at:
Orillia Museum of Art & History,
Mariposa Market, and
the Stephen Leacock Museum.
If you are out of town and would like to have us send one to you, please send us a request at our address below along with a cheque to Orillia Silver Band for $20.00 ($15.00 for the CD + $5.00 for shipping) and we will send one to you. (Sorry, we do not have credit card or online purchasing options at this time.)